XTERRA Wellington Trail Running hold a five event season from the end of March to mid June. We rotate through venues to keep things interesting, and guarantee you the best running experience in the Wellington region.
event oneSunday - 24th March
- West Wind
- Meridian Wind Farm
- We are absolutely stoked to be able to bring you a unique piece of running in New Zealand, maybe even the world. The great folks at Meridian have allowed us access to over 25km of trails up amongst one of the most advanced wind farms in the world.
event twoSunday - 14th April
- The Orongorongos
- Rimutaka Forest Park
- We can’t wait to introduce you to the Rimutaka Forest Park and the Orongorongos. This DOC area is absolutely pristine, with incredible native bush tracks and fantastic ridgeline views back across Wellington harbour.
event threeSaturday - 27th April
- Starlight Run
- Wainui Trail Park
- Imagine picking your way through bush-clad trails with hundreds of other bobbing head torches, all under a starlit sky. No personal bests in this event, just a brand new experience for most and new way to explore Wellington’s great trails.
event fourSunday - 19th May
- AWESOME AKATARAWAS
- WHAREROA FARM PARK
- XTERRA Wellington are thrilled to open up a brand new venue to Wellington Trail Runners. We've been waiting for this DOC managed area to be developed enough to run a Trail Running Event on and that day has finally arrived.
event fiveSunday - 9th June
- Mad Makara
- Makara Peak MTB Park
- Find out why Makara Mountain Bike park is the jewel in Wellington’s inner city crown - runners only, just for one day!